Dr Mike Webster
BEng, MSc, PhD, DIC, CEng, MICE, MIStructE
Mike is a chartered civil and structural engineer with over 30 years’ experience. This includes ten years as a director of consultancies.
He set up MPW R&R to provide consulting, forensic and expert witness solutions, and specialises in construction safety, structural safety and risk & regulatory issues.
- Expertise in construction health and safety, organisational risk and the CDM Regulations – having led a range of reviews, published over 20 reports and acted as an expert witness (instructed by both defence and prosecution) in cases involving breaches of the Health and Safety at Work Act, Work at Height Regulations and the CDM Regulations (1994, 2007 and 2015) during construction projects
- Expertise in defects, deterioration, durability, safety and the service life of concrete structures – having worked on the design, site supervision, appraisal and repair of concrete building and bridge structures, led a range of research, published work, developed asset management guidance in UK, Europe and Hong Kong and acted as an expert witness
- Expertise in a combination of engineering, organisational and human risk – this provides greater insight into what can go wrong, why it went wrong and what we can do to prevent it going wrong in the future
- Prepared expert reports for civil and criminal cases – including structural collapses, falls, cable strikes and trench collapses, and has given evidence in Crown Court
Over his career, Mike has:
- Undertaken the design, appraisal and site supervision of building and bridge structures
- Carried out research into the durability of concrete materials and the safety and service life of concrete structures in order to develop guidance
- Led reviews into how construction organisations manage health and safety risks and apply the CDM Regulations
- Prepared expert reports for civil and criminal cases, and given evidence in Crown Court
Mike is currently a member of:
- Institution of Structural Engineers Health and Safety Panel
- Hazards Forum
- Society of Construction Law
- Concrete Society
At MPW R&R, Mike collaborates with a range of independent consultants who can bring additional expertise to projects or undertake peer reviews in areas including risk, construction safety, behavioural safety and concrete structures.
Mike is also one of around 20 specialist consultants providing their services via Cement & Concrete Associates Ltd (C&CA), a one-stop consultancy service.
- MPW R&R – Director, 2014 onwards
- Frontline Consultants – Director, 2008-2014
- BOMEL Consultants – Director, 2001-2008
- British Cement Association – Engineering Manager, 1994-2001
- Mouchel – Senior Engineer, 1989-1994
- Cement & Concrete Association – Technical Officer, 1984-1989
If you would like to discuss how we might be able to help, please drop me a line at email@example.com or give me a call on +44 (0) 7969 957471.